- Bikewithme is a free access and donation-based website to participate in guided bike rides. Users can create or participate in new guided rides.
- To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 13 years old.
- Bikewithme reserves the right to change these terms at any time. A notification about the changes will be sent to the user. If the user does not contradict the validity of the new terms within two months of notification, the user will be deemed to have accepted them.
2. Donation system of Bikewithme
- Bikewithme is a free-access and donation-based website. Donations to Bikewithme can be made using PayPal online payment systems by any user or visitor of the webpage.
- After participating in a ride, users can also make split donations between the Guide and Bikewithme by choosing which percentage they would like to donate to the Guide and which one to Bikewithme. Bikewithme will transfer the Guide's part of the donation to him. The Guide takes the responsibility for the cost of the bank charges inherent to the payment.
3. Registration and termination
- Some features of Bikewithme such as creation of a new ride or registration to a ride are only accessible for registered and logged users.
- Bikewithme reserves the right to reject a registration without giving reasons.
- If the registration process is not finished, Bikewithme is entitled to delete the incomplete registered account, including all information provided.
4. Liability of Bikewithme
- Users take full responsibility for ensuring their personal safety and accept that they are solely responsible for all legal interactions with other users, excluding Bikewithme from any liability for any accident, damage or traffic fine that would result from participating in the guided-rides proposed in the Bikewithme website.
- Bikewithme expects users to carefully take into consideration their own skills and weather conditions when participating in a ride. The User is also aware that Bikewithme proposed rides might be cancelled for whatever reason.
- Bikewithme does not guarantee the secure use of the website. Accordingly, Bikewithme has no liability for any loss or damage arising from any technical limitation or permanent suspension of access to the Bikewithme website.
- Bikewithme is under no liability for any inaccuracy, error or defect in any content of the website.
- Bikewithme accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of such information provided by third parties.
5. Liability of the User
- The user is fully responsible for the legitimacy of all the content that they publish on the Bikewithme platform. As such, they agree not to publish any content that is unlawful, in particular any that is racist or pornographic, or violates third party rights, in particular copyrights. The user is obliged to omit any sexual comments or harassment of any other user.
- The user agrees to not use the Bikewithme website for commercial use. Bikewithme is a free platform and the user is not allowed to ask another user for a fee to join the rides.
- The user has to abstain from any actions that may affect the functionalities of Bikewithme.
- If the content uploaded on the Bikewithme platform by the user violates the law, Bikewithme is entitled to remove the content without notice and restrict the user from using the services of Bikewithme
- The user grants Bikewithme the non-exclusive right to use the content uploaded on Bikewithme and to make it available to the public and to other users, including the right to make all necessary technical adjustments to the data.
- The user warrants that they own all necessary rights to the content placed by them on the web of Bikewithme. The user hereby agrees to indemnify Bikewithme against all the damages and costs resulting from any infringement of copyright or intellectual property rights.
Bikewithme will collect and use your personal information under the provisions of the data protection law of the Swiss Federal Law for the following main reasons:
- To provide personalised services which are unique to individual users. For example the postal code and the country help the site to offer individualised search results with rides in the user's vicinity. Bikewithme uses postal code data from GeoNames to search rides.
- It helps us to constantly monitor and improve the services we offer.
- We may potentially market services to our users but only on the basis of explicit consent from them.
- The type of device, browser and operating system you use
- The IP address of the device from which you access Bikewithme
- The site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the website
- The pages that you visit and specific actions that you take
User dataThe user data is divided into Profile data and Ride data.
1) Profile Data: Edition and ConfidentialityThe Profile data comprises the registration data, the activity data and some optional profile data. The registration data is the obligatory information that must be specified during the sign-up process, such as:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Personal e-mail address
- Postal code
Solely the username, picture profile, country, biking philosophy and gender are visible to the other users. The first name, last name and e-mail are private and will be exclusively used by Bikewithme to allow the user through the password retrieving system.
The personal e-mail address must be a PayPal-validated mail and it will be used to make effective the transfer of the donations. The postal code is private information and is used by Bikewithme to help to offer individualised search results with rides in the user's vicinity.
In their profile the user can also find their activity data, including information such the duration of their membership at Bikewithme, the list of the upcoming and past rides (classified as Cyclist or as Guide), their participation counter and their rating as a Guide.
None of this information is editable. The duration of the membership, the list of upcoming rides as Guides, the Guide rating, and the participation counter as Cyclist are visible to other users.
2) Ride data: Edition and ConfidentialityThe Ride data is the content provided by the user related to the rides and it comprises the information that the user must provide in order to create a new guided ride (“Mandatory Ride data”) and other optional information hereinafter referred to as “Optional Ride data”.
The “Mandatory Ride data” comprises information such as ride schedule, ride route, ride description, ride level, minimum and maximum number of participants and security rules. The user may choose also to add some optional ride data such as pictures of the ride and comments on a message board.
All the Ride data contents are made available to other users. The user can always edit the starting and finishing point, description and the rules/security. The entire Ride and its content can be deleted by cancelling the ride (as long as it is permitted by the dateline policy).